Who is eligible for Membership?
Members or former members of the United States
Armed Forces, Industry, Civil Service, and other organizations or individuals
as defined below are eligible for regular SOWW membership:
- U.S.Armed Forces: A military member that actively participated in the Wild Weasel (WW) Hunter-Killer Mission or contributed to the WW program, concept, or mission.
- Industry: Made unique contributions to the WW program, concept, or mission as a contractor.
- Civil Service: Contributed to the WW program, concept, or mission as a U.S. Government civilian employee.
- Other Organizations or Individuals: Supporters of the WW program, concept, or mission other than those defined above, as determined by UNANIMOUS VOTE of the Board.
- Life Member: Active member that has paid life membership dues. A WW who becomes a Prisoner of War (POW) during the execution of a WW Mission is automatically a Life Member.
- Active Member: Dues paid through the current year.
- Inactive Member: Dues in arrears more than six months.
- Honorary Member: Individuals that have an interest, belief, and support the SOWW and WW Concept but do not qualify for Regular Membership. Selection requires unanimous vote of the Board.
- Surviving Family Member: Family members of a deceased member, eligible to participate in SOWW functions.
- Associate Member: An individual that does not meet Regular Membership Criteria in Article 1 but has an interest, belief, and supports the SOWW and WW Concept. Selection requires unanimous vote of the Executive Committee. Associate members are eligible for all the member social benefits, but they may not make nominations, hold office, or vote in elections. After the membership application fee, they do not pay additional dues.